Lewtham reels closing

The Other Reels forum.
Rod
Grayling

Lewtham reels closing

Post by Rod »

I had an idea that I had heard about this,

"Unique reel making equipment for sale
Our Trade Member, Dave Lewthwaite is disposing of his production equipment for Lewtham Products well known and highly regarded centre-pin reels, including the Magnum Black and Blue, Leeds and Swift centrepins. Interested in preserving a bit of angling history? Contact Dave on dw.lewthwaite@ntlworld.com"

The above was taken from the latest Angling Trust email I received.
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Stathamender
Tench

Re: Lewtham reels closing

Post by Stathamender »

I think he's been retired for some years now, at least that's what he told me last year when we exchanged emails about the history of the 'Leeds' reel. Ntlworld? Another remnant of the history of cable in the UK just like my blueyonder address. Neither of them working too well at the moment thanks to Virgin botching their new email program.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

Seems a shame, especially when there are a growing band of traditional anglers. I'd bet there are a few on here that could keep centrepin making alive given the tools :fish:
niceroach

CentrepinGuru
Stickleback

Post by CentrepinGuru »

Lewtham products has been revived! Limited stock of reels available, for the moment. However, the Leeds and Leeds Classic 4",4.75" and 5.5" are readily available. Contact lewthamproducts@gmail.com for further enquiries or information. Image

Return to “Other Reels”