Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Browns Barbel Pin

Post by Dave Burr »

He could have asked me :drool:

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:MHC, this reel is a new one, with prototype dimensions. I've been asked to fished for carp with it and feed back on how it performs. Mr Brown hasn't the time to test it as he's busy making reels.
So why has he called it a Barbel pin? Looks an utter beast of a thing, good luck with the test SK :Hat:

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

All I shall say is that you're a jammy bugger getting to try out all this new kit :Chuckle:

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

his reels are nice though if I hadn't of gone with the perfection reels ,I would of had a couple of his .
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Paul D wrote:
The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:MHC, this reel is a new one, with prototype dimensions. I've been asked to fished for carp with it and feed back on how it performs. Mr Brown hasn't the time to test it as he's busy making reels.
So why has he called it a Barbel pin? Looks an utter beast of a thing, good luck with the test SK :Hat:
Yes good luck and when you have completed your findings consider letting me have a go at Catfish with it..please.. :eyebrow:
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

MHC wrote:So feedback to the maker would be ease of winding possibly, meaning the distance the handles are apart and if that is comfortable, or how well it spins I presume, if it fits the hand well etc. Then again, centre pins are rather subjective I suppose and one persons testing and not liking a dimension (for instance) or performance would be anothers glowing feature. Centre pins all vary of course but mostly are much of a muchness, a bit like fly reels, if I were a maker requiring feedback i would consider ask several anglers for feedback, maybe Mr Brown has.

I don't think it's necessarily right to write that centre pins or fly reels are much of a muchness. There is a world of difference between a £35 job and what you might expect for ten times the money. Part of the issue at the lower end of the market is finding a good one as the quality control is non-existent.

This reel looks very heavy, is it?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Leveller
Rudd

Post by Leveller »

Looks just about perfect stu!
How did it fair?
Is the maker a brummy chap?

T Myatt
Ruffe

Post by T Myatt »

Nice looking reel, it's not a maker that I know anything about. Could somebody please enlighten me. Thank you.

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

Looks good what's retail price?

Craggs-Dale

Post by Craggs-Dale »

Hello Sweetcorn Kid,

I too would be interested in a contact medium for Mr Brown regarding the purchase of one of his centrepins please.

With kindest regards

Craggs-Dale

Return to “Other Reels”