Lewtham Magnum Blue

The Other Reels forum.
Rockland
Minnow

Re: Lewtham Magnum Blue

Post by Rockland »

Have one of the older 5in leeds varieties which cost me 35 pounds back in the day and proves to be great value.The build quality could be better however as the clearance between backplate and drum was too much and i found on a wet day the line found its way in between. But a good pal of mine engineered from an Aluminuim billlet a new backplate with a tighter tolerance much better. The reel spins and spins much better than the Adcock one i had and sold. PINS with bearings are not every ones cup of tea but the Lewtham ones are good value. The reel is used on a days on deep rivers i have fished like the Yare in the UK and Eijssel in Holland trotting for Roach and bream

ExiledSoutherner
Gudgeon

Post by ExiledSoutherner »

Looks like a nice reel. I recently purchased a Lewtham Quest (side-casting model) from Dave Lewthwaite himself. Although the reel is well engineered the swivel part (for turning the reel in order to cast) isn't at all robust and seems to turn one way or the other when under pressure. Also the ratchet seems to switch itself off when reeling in. I filed the feet down so they now fit on the MKIV carp.

I should point out that I have yet to mention any of these issues to Dave Lewthwaite, however it's a brand new real and I expected better. I'm back to using my Fred Crouch Jets (which I love)....

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

I didnt think he was making reels anymore and had stopped for some while now. :Confused:
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

JimmyBobkin
Crucian Carp

Post by JimmyBobkin »

He has some old stock. I received a catalogue a few weeks ago.

CentrepinGuru
Stickleback

Post by CentrepinGuru »

Last edited by CentrepinGuru on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Enough, enough! :surrender: :hairpull: I think we have got the message now CentrepinGuru!
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Thank you Bob - you beat me to it!

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Has Lewtham Products been revived? I thought I saw a post about it somewhere but can’t find it now?

:laugh:
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “Other Reels”