Truspin

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Truspin

Post by Ljm183 »

Bought recently a Truspin that looks to be un used.

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Re: Truspin

Post by LuckyLuca »

Very nice Jim!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Very pretty, Sir. I'm awaiting the arrival of one with a few 'battle scars,' but what can you expect for 99p ?

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

99p - you were seen off :Hahaha:

My first ever fixed spool was a Truspin and if ever there was a case of false advertising..... I found that the bail arm wore and a deep groove formed which pinched and frequently broke the line. Not Intrepid's finest moment but I would still like one just to put on a shelf for the nostalgia.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Lechmere wrote:I would still like one just to put on a shelf for the nostalgia.
Zigactly !!! :Wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

It arrived today ... and even more so than with most Intrepids it makes you either go "uugghh" or " ahhhhh" (like people do at small fluffy animals).

So you understand why I say that, here's a photo next to a Mitchell 300c for comparison.

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Recently bought one of these little chappies - it's the first Truspin I've owned and I'm pretty impressed - I think KPM got it just right for the time and price point - would have made an excellent starter fixed spool and beyond for many anglers back then - a good, basic little fixed spool - I think I'm right and saying their low-low price offering moved on to the Monarch series after this and it beats them hands down in my opinion - for me the natural successor to it in design and function is the Intrepid Envoy which is arguably only very marginally better - then the Regent of course which is a big step up.

A lot has been made of the pinky red colour it seems - I actually like it and Morrits went on to use red in the Monarch 66 and Fastback and Sea-Streak multipliers of course - maybe there's a football team connection somewhere I wonder.
Last edited by Stingray on Fri May 01, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

One of these was my second reel.Same colour which i hardy noticed at the time as it was brand new in its box and i just wanted to go fishing!.My previous reel was a very second hand Allcocks Kasteasy which was so worn it was all but useless.There was also a blue/grey version of the Truspin if i remember correctly.

Ambidexman
Bleak

Post by Ambidexman »

I remember the Truspin with great fondness, my Dad bought me one for my tenth birthday. It cost him ten shillings and sixpence and was my first 'proper' fixed spool reel (previously having only a Bijou reel from my Milbro (?) Boys outfit). I was the talk of the lake when I used it as I was the first one in our group to have a fixed spool reel. Oh, happy days! I still have the reel and the box - but haven't used it for many many years :)

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

ImageImage

I found this at the back of my cupboard. I thought I’d add the photos to this topic as the earlier ones are no longer accessible. It is a bit in need of tlc, but I can’t remember where or when I came by it.
One of only two pink ( or faded red?) Reels I’ve ever seen. The other was a modern reel I bought to match the Pink rod my granddaughter insisted on. It caught fish though.
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”