Ok morritts reels

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Paul W
Bleak

Ok morritts reels

Post by Paul W »

Ok so I’ve bought a couple of kp morritts new delux reels which I’m happy with...... one is better than the other as one has obviously been used a lot more.....
The roller on the used one looks like it’s seen better days and I’m thinking I’d be better using it for spares to the decent reel....
I really like the look morritts reels so I’m thinking about buying another one so I have two usable reels ......
I am a fisherman and not a collector so to speak so they will be used ....
My question is some of the reels like the envoy and early models have a wire bail arm and no rollers ...... are these bail arms likely to have groves by the line and had it ???? Would I be better sticking with bail arms with rollers....
I have had a wire bail arm on a cheap reel when I was younger and it worked fine but did suffer with groves..... all I’m worried about is my line snapping and wasting money....
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
Always look forward when walking or you might walk into a wall !

Cat
Chub

Re: Ok morritts reels

Post by Cat »

Hi Paul,
With my experience of KP Morrits Intrepid reels the answer is a 'yes'! The wire will groove sooner rather than later. Some of the extensive range are good - Continental, Supreme, etc, and some of the cheap and cheerful ones are dogs - for example - the Black Prince (but don't tell anyone I said this as I am the TFF's leading proponent of the afore mentioned). Great fun to use!
Regards Cat

Paul W
Bleak

Post by Paul W »

Cat wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:25 pm Hi Paul,
With my experience of KP Morrits Intrepid reels the answer is a 'yes'! The wire will groove sooner rather than later. Some of the extensive range are good - Continental, Supreme, etc, and some of the cheap and cheerful ones are dogs - for example - the Black Prince (but don't tell anyone I said this as I am the TFF's leading proponent of the afore mentioned). Great fun to use!
Regards Cat
Thanks for the help 👍

John_Moore
Silver Bream

Post by John_Moore »

Hi Paul
I have used the a couple of K P Morrits Elite reels for years with a mkIV Avon & carp rods and have been very happy with them.
I have got hold of the odd spare and repair Elite to keep them in near new condition.
This is one of them.

Regards John.

Paul W
Bleak

Post by Paul W »

John_Moore wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:10 pm Hi Paul
I have used the a couple of K P Morrits Elite reels for years with a mkIV Avon & carp rods and have been very happy with them.
I have got hold of the odd spare and repair Elite to keep them in near new condition.
This is one of them.

Regards John.
This looks almost new John ........ nice work 👍

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”