New delux

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Paul W
Bleak

New delux

Post by Paul W »

Hi
I’ve just received this today......
It’s seems in lovely condition all works as it should.Any pointers taken !
Always look forward when walking or you might walk into a wall !

Stingray
Grayling

Re: New delux

Post by Stingray »

Looks nice. That looks like the earliest model (Mk1) New Deluxe; the later version had a folding handle and red switch was replaced with grey. Nothing flashy but dependable and good for purpose. A New Deluxe was my first fixed spool reel: still got it and still works fine over 40 years later. Used it for all coarse, pike, salmon trout etc, and even tried it for light sea (though not recommended for the old briney). All in all I would vote for this as one of Intrepid's best coarse reels.

Paul W
Bleak

Post by Paul W »

Thanks for that appreciate the positive comments.
I’m pretty sure my first reel was a Mitchell 324 or close.
It was a right hand wind I’m a lefty.... unfortunately my mother forced the bail arm over snapping it ...... so my next reel I think was another mitchell but it was a left handed wind....
So basically I learned to fish right handed and always have since I do everything else as a lefty 🤔
Always look forward when walking or you might walk into a wall !

Rockape
Roach

Post by Rockape »

Two and a bit years on, and just spotted this thread and thought "that looks familiar"!
Not the exact same one of course, but this is one of 5 early ones I have; the only one that has a rotor sticker.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”