Interesting Morritts Junior

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Silexman
Ruffe

Re: Interesting Morritts Junior

Post by Silexman »

I picked up this very colourful Supreme a few years ago. Luckily I'm a bit colour blind. It still works perfectly and I occasionally use it for grass carp.

https://s20.postimg.cc/6epdkvnr1/P5151217.jpg

Back when I was a youngster I much preferred Intrepid reels over Mitchells (of which I've had/have a few) mainly because the Intrepid bail arm goes round the "right" way for a right hander.

It was interesting to see the comments above re Airfix kits. I was never happier than when putting a Spitfire, Hurricane or Lancaster together - my bedroom was full of them. It was only years later that I heard about joy and dangers of glue sniffing.

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Silexman wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:37 am I picked up this very colourful Supreme a few years ago. Luckily I'm a bit colour blind.
Though the purist on my shoulder disagrees, I do think that Supreme looks very dapper. Possibly what it would have looked like had it been made in Japan instead of England back then. Thanks for sharing.

Newtocane
Ruffe

Post by Newtocane »

That Supreme does look interesting and not too garish. But which rod to match it with, possibly a glass one?

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

Stingray wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:49 pm
AshbyCut wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:24 pm Maybe it was just around the area in which I lived at the time ... when boys were finding things to do with the paints left over from the plastic scale models which were an expanding trend at the time (Airfix plastic models were introduced in 1949 with a Ferguson Tractor, and the Spitfire was introduced in 1953). :Hat:
Yes, maybe. A little later but I remember painting some perfectly good Matchbox cars with my airfix paints in between kits.

PS. I also remember Frog kits.

:Hat:
Here's an interesting link:

http://www.houseoffrog.co.uk/

Buried somewher in there is a mention of me!
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Blimey forgot all about those kits, I can remember cutting out the balsa, gluing it all together and papering the wings etc and coating with dope. Mine always broke easily although I did expect a lot from the planes and was heavy handed. We used to launch them from local flats near the common where I lived. Not good!

Silexman
Ruffe

Post by Silexman »

Newtocane wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:34 pm That Supreme does look interesting and not too garish. But which rod to match it with, possibly a glass one?
Fibreglass indeed. I'm very lucky to be able to match the Supreme with a Hardy 10' Carp rod. Works a treat.

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

SeanM wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:39 pm
Here's an interesting link:

http://www.houseoffrog.co.uk/

Buried somewher in there is a mention of me!
Thanks for the link, an interesting site - I remember the Frog plastics as well.

Newtocane
Ruffe

Post by Newtocane »

Silexman wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:09 am
Fibreglass indeed. I'm very lucky to be able to match the Supreme with a Hardy 10' Carp rod. Works a treat.
I use my Supremes with either a Rodrill Dipper or Sealey Carpmaster, though haven't really tested the combination out properly, yet!

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”