Question Regarding Intrepid Elite Variations

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Stingray
Grayling

Re: Question Regarding Intrepid Elite Variations

Post by Stingray »

Paul_V wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:52 am I'm another sucker for intrepid reels. all my first reels were intrepids.
getting a pretty decent collection of them too.

keep the info coming
Hi, Paul. Intrepid have always been special for me too. The New Deluxe was my first coarse fishing reel (and that same one is still going strong today) and the Gladding Intrepid Surfcast (2nd one) was the first reel I ever used for beachcasting.
Last edited by Stingray on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Here is some great info which TFF member Tonkin Wand sent to me and agreed for me to post here :

Hi Thanks for response. The ' steam ' computer still works. Anglers World Oct. 1963. page10. INTREPIDE IMPROVEMENTS. "K.P.Morritts,Ltd. makers of the intrepide range of reels are forever seeking to improve their already well produced products. in their quest they have installed a fully automatic Efco-Udyline 'junior' plating plant at Merton, one of Morritts three production divisions.The installation was carried out by Electro-Chemical Engineering of Woking. a member of the Efco group of companies. An Acme- Efco semi automatic Rotary buffing machine to work alongside the new plating plant was installed at the same time.The new finish to be undergone by Intrepide components is called Satylite, this provides a satin chrome surface and will increase the long lasting properties as well as the look and quality of the components. Another important factor is that the Satylite finish obviates harsh reflections of sunlight." Regards

Rockape
Roach

Post by Rockape »

Just a small addition to what is now a very old discussion (no less interesting for me though!).

In the last of your Elite versions posts Chas, you go from a version 2 to a version 3 with the bail pivot change and pat no. position change.

Upon reading through your very interesting bit of research, I enthusiastically checked my newly accquired (version 3?) Elite with the plunger bail, satin brightwork and (immaculate!) eggshell finish, and I found that the pat no. on mine was as version 1 and 2 under and parallel with the word Elite, so an early version 3 probably?
I suppose overlaps are bound to crop up occasionally?

I have a 1st version with hourglass knob on the way too (same badge/decal), but I think this will be the limit to my Elite collection (famous last words.. Lol!).

I realise this is a discussion long closed, but its all new to me, so I wanted to comment.

Cheers all,

Paul

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”