Redditch

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Liphook
Barbel

Re: Redditch

Post by Liphook »

I do hope to attend one of these Redditch events soon but work rules my weekends :roll:

CentrepinGuru
Stickleback

Post by CentrepinGuru »

Did anyone get any pics from the event? I was so busy I forgot to take any pictures!

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

What an absolutely brilliant day at Redditch tackle fair, I think the best one yet.
It was wonderful chatting and mooching about with Bob and Jeremy, finding some great bargains and meeting up with past acquaintance's and putting faces to some more TFF members. Somehow I missed a few of you this year but I'm sure we will catch up next time.
It was really nice to see Mal getting out again, a true gent and always a pleasure to talk to.
Harry, tell Jackie the Sausage rolls and cakes were beyond all expectations and I hope you realise you can never come to Redditch again without her. It was truly wonderful to meet up with you both after all this time.
Nice to see Alex (Wagtail) back on top form and really sorry to have missed Steve (luckyLuca) but I did enjoy the lardy cake, thanks Steve.
John (Fredline) and Ted (LeaDweller) kept everyone happpy with their banter and some really nice tackle bargains, thanks again to both of you. Ted, you and Diane have a great time in Oz but try and keep in touch through the forum.
As always there were some really beautiful bamboo creations on display from Andrew Davis. It's always easy to find his stall, just look for the puddle of drool on the floor.
Garry was there as always, full of busy giving advice, servicing reels and displaying some of his beautiful new reels.

It really was a grand day out.

Hope to see you all next year.

Wal.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

It was great meeting up with everyone yesterday and especially Wal and his lovely wife Lorraine... Wal has been rebuilding and re-creating bits of cane for me for a few years now and yesterday was the first time we had met... it was a pleasure to meet you Sir... and I'll make sure that Avon gets a bend in it as soon as Christmas is done with (Jackie said I can't have it yet as it's my Christmas present and it'll have to be wrapped)
Ted and John were their usual jolly selves and I picked up a cracking Abu 444a from their table... (again not allowed to spool it up even till Christmas morning) It was great to meet Bob Brookes, resplendent in his new tweed coat and many others... I'm glad that everyone appreciated Jackie's baking... she's certainly getting a name for herself in the Tiffin production stakes... but those black pudding sausage rolls were gorgeous... I shall pass on your good wishes and comments... I hope to see you all again soon :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

I went to Redditch about 3 years ago; absolutely loved it. I regret I just haven't been back since which sounds slightly contradictory I appreciate. However, next year I'll "book the time off" !

I met Northern Nomad there - he bought a rather delightful centrepin at I think what was a very competitive price. I bought a Marco Elasticane "Standard Carp" rod - at I think an even more competitive price and which three years later has even more provenance now than it already did when I bought it. A brilliant "go to" rod for Chub, Tench and medium size (?) carp. Almost tempted to write the rod is better than many many others at multiple times the £ 50 I paid !

I think it was Andy Batchelor there who had some bamboo "shot carriers" which I thought amazing although to be fair, every "seller" had some really attractive pieces for sale so ... if you haven't been .... try it ! Take some cash and enjoy the day. I regret that when I went there was no "Tiffin" so that seems like another great reason to get along there for next year .......

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I am still enjoying all of the fun that I had yesterday at Redditch, I hope that the fun continues next year! I will be in touch after I have hopefully arrived safely in Oz. I take NOTHING for granted these days! :Hat:

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”