Romsey 7th April

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
MrCrabtree
Rudd

Re: Romsey 7th April

Post by MrCrabtree »

Yes a very enjoyable time. Unfortunately I didn't really get a chance to leave my tables. Linda was making sure I only sold my items and not buy any more.
John very pleased and surprised you made it on Sunday especially after your message on Saturday.
Ted, I didn't hear any splash of tea on the floor or are you saving that for Redditch again?
Anyway another successful Fair and already looking forward to the next one.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

MrCrabtree wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:06 pm Yes a very enjoyable time. Unfortunately I didn't really get a chance to leave my tables. Linda was making sure I only sold my items and not buy any more.
John very pleased and surprised you made it on Sunday especially after your message on Saturday.
Ted, I didn't hear any splash of tea on the floor or are you saving that for Redditch again?
Anyway another successful Fair and already looking forward to the next one.
Well done for not leaving your tables Mike, Linda is right, business comes first! Because I had my son with me I did not spill my tea, I spilt his! :Hahaha: I too was pleased to see John, after hearing of his op and successful recovery, it has made me more determined to get out fishing as often as possible! I am hoping to come down to the Avon/Stour area next autumn and have a few days fishing, hopefully we can arrange a mini TFF outing?
All the best,
Ted :Hat:

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:26 am
StefanDuma wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:37 pm I was a little disappointed only managing to find one item, however Ruth my partner said it was rare and when we left the hotel she wrapped in a pair of her clean knickers!!!!

Once we had got back home and she was able to access her spread sheet informing me that it was an uncatalogued lure circa 1910 and in a size never seen before.

A good day!!!
So a brief encounter with a rare lure then? :Scared:
Very good and I have spent an hour or two examining the lure under the magnifier and giving it a bit of a clean. It had the wrong trace fitted and this had caused some oxidisation. Every time I examine these early lures I learn something new.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”