Value of DAMs

The DAM Reels forum.
Jeff Smith
Dace

Value of DAMs

Post by Jeff Smith »

I’m embarking on a new Angling project and am seeking to raise funds by selling some( by no means all) of my classic reel collection.
I have a 220n , and a 331s ( fast retrieve)both in excellent mechanical order, and very good cosmetics, and wonder what their value is ?

Silfield
Brown Trout

Re: Value of DAMs

Post by Silfield »

I cant help with the value I'm afraid but they do seem to be heading north in value, helped I am sure by the reverence of some of the members here.
They do look to be very fine reels.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Having bought and sold reels for several years now ( at least 15) I find DAMs somewhat undervalued. Most won't sell for more than £30, which belies their obvious quality.

Goodness knows how many I took to tackle fairs on my stall, only to take them home again.

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

You can buy them even in cheaper in Germany including postage

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

USA is the best place for old DAMs. I may be wrong but I think they sold more in the US than they even did in Germany and that may have always been their aim. DAM Supers in particular have a big following over there. Postage steep but availability and prices good for buyers. UK was a backwater for DAM sales.

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Thing is when buying from the States is that unless the seller uses the Global Shipping Program the shipping costs are prohibitive. A reel sent using GSP could be $10 shipping. Standard is three to four times that.

There is a good source of information on DAM models here: http://home.kpn.nl/roland.lindenberh/index.html

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Nobby wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:26 pm Having bought and sold reels for several years now ( at least 15) I find DAMs somewhat undervalued. Most won't sell for more than £30, which belies their obvious quality.

Goodness knows how many I took to tackle fairs on my stall, only to take them home again.
I have one that you didn't take home Nobby, the Dam Quick 330 and it is a cracker, thank you! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:13 pm Thing is when buying from the States is that unless the seller uses the Global Shipping Program the shipping costs are prohibitive. A reel sent using GSP could be $10 shipping. Standard is three to four times that.
GSP it is then. :cheers:

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Nobby wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:26 pm Having bought and sold reels for several years now ( at least 15) I find DAMs somewhat undervalued. Most won't sell for more than £30, which belies their obvious quality.

Once I saved you from having to take home a DAM 220n - it's a wonderful reel, and I thank you each time I use it :Hat:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I'm pleased you like the reels gentleman, great design and great quality, aren't they?

Return to “DAM Reels”