D.A.M Quick parts in the U.K

The DAM Reels forum.
Jeff Smith
Dace

D.A.M Quick parts in the U.K

Post by Jeff Smith »

So, during this lock down period, I've resurrected my secondary hobby of messing about with old fishing reels and have been having a lot of fun with the DAM models.
As well as silencing ( new bearing) my 440N which I've had for years, I've put together a 'fleet' of four Finessa 285/330/331( all sourced extremely cheaply) reels which will be pressed into service for winter piking and perhaps, a little bass/wrasse lure fishing in the salt from my boat.
My latest project has been to bring an old metal spooled 285 back from the dead whose bearing had seized solid in the main body, and with the spool shaft locked on to the spindle.
After a spell in the ultrasonic washer, copious amounts of wd-40,some judicious 'tapping' and a little patience, I managed to free up the components without too much damage and have produced ( borrowing a bearing from a 330 for the time being)a usable reel albeit with a bit of a 'patina'.
However, I now find myself in need of some minor parts ( brass , steel and resistex drag washers, clicker pawl,arbor, metal brake nut,etc) in order to complete the reels.
Before I trouble Martin(duebel) in Germany, or Fred Foakes on the other side of the Atlantic, Is there a source of DAM Quick parts here in the U.K?
Dam 330s.jpg
dam 285.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cat
Chub

Re: D.A.M Quick parts in the U.K

Post by Cat »

Hi Jeff,
Not that I'm aware of, unless you find a cheap donor in the Bay of Plenty. I've several DAM's and have sourced parts either stateside (I have a sister in law who lives there), or courtesy of Martin.
Great reels!
Regards Cat

Return to “DAM Reels”