Not Another DAM Reel ?

The DAM Reels forum.
Barbulus
Tench

Not Another DAM Reel ?

Post by Barbulus »

Yep ... here is the latest DAM 331 "S" to join the stable consisting now of two DAM 331 "S"; both superb and both absolutely now going to be my "go to" reels for two of my Carp rods for the New Season; whenever that actually might be .......... This one came from the US so I do wonder what history might be attached to it over the years from when it was made in Germany thru to perhaps more than one Owner over the years and what adventures it might have had .... I'll never know so that adds to the mystery .... what I do know however are two facts. It is a fantastic reel and secondly, it was NOT made by Bob Southwell .... :Hat:
IMG_8340.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trilob
Chub

Re: Not Another DAM Reel ?

Post by Trilob »

Lovely reels!

Barbellina
Roach

Post by Barbellina »

Cracking reels, that one looks ti be in excellent condition. I too, have a couple, one from 1958 and one from mid sixties. My goto fixed spool reels these days.
"Angling is a refuge from competitiveness, from rat-racing, from status-seeking. So let it remain."
Bernard Venables

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

I am very happy to know I am not alone .............. this one ... sourced by my long time fishing "buddy" ... is in great condition. The only two "adds" were a new bearing John kindly changed out courtesy of the Wiltshire equivalent of ScrewFix and a clean up and re-grease. Smooth now is the word .... can't wait till the first dawn of a Summer's morning now ....

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Very nice! I do hope you get to trial it soon

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Very nice reel! I just bought one myself. It should be here today or tomorrow. It will be a while though before I can try it ...
Stay safe everyone!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Return to “DAM Reels”