DAM 331 S

The DAM Reels forum.
Barbulus
Tench

DAM 331 S

Post by Barbulus »

You might recall the DAM "Barter Society" post I made the other month where no money changed hands but by a bizarre coincidence my fishing buddy and I happened to end up with items we both needed - "needed" might not be the fully accurate word there: I ended up with a superb DAM 331 S.

Well yesterday a second DAM 331 S has been added to the essential "must have" tackle here in darkest Devon. It is a beauty. John - my fishing buddy - has cleaned it up and installed a new bearing and it is now ultra smooth and of course the 331 S version gives the higher retrieve. So, that's now two of these superb 331 S reels I have and both ready for the "New Season" to be matched with two rather special MKiVs I happen to have hanging in the cupboard .....
DAM 331 S - February 2020 (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cat
Chub

Re: DAM 331 S

Post by Cat »

Excellent! I've just been putting on a new bail arm onto a 280, and now have that and a 285 (both hunted down by Martin) ready to go for the coming season to work alongside my 330's.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Good news: our cousins in Germany are very knowledgable and very helpful. I am resisting the temptation to start collecting more DAM models as I keep promising myself to actually shed fishing gear and not increase it .... but ...... Hmmmm !

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Ah, but as Mrs Doyle would say 'go on, go on, go on!' ...think of all those 330's, 220's, 440's et al waiting for you to give them a loving home.

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

love the old DAM reels and I've a fair few moderns, 220N is the one I'm after
niceroach

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

I know ..... it's so so tempting and before I know it that will be another shelf in the utility room .......... maybe some of the Mitchells can go and make room .... there again ... there's the Shimano's to think about and I can't let them go ... then there's the rods ... don't even mention the tackle boxes and floats ...

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

...one more little reel won't take up any space (and then another...)!

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Just do it and to Hell with anything else.

They will go well with the MKIV’s, but every now and then you may think the Mitchell’s a bit more appropriate ( Redmire et al) so you need to keep them as well. Of course a pair is just a pair, a trio is something else. Then there are the other versions of the same family to be explored.

And then sometime in the future a new ‘desire’ can be found. Of course no justification is needed because you can thin your Dam collection back to just 2 x 331s’ to fund your new ‘desire’ and so it goes on. :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Thank you for that Neil; very helpful ! Ha Ha Ha !

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

A very nice reel indeed!

I'm still more than happy to help finding any much desired DAM reels. I've also found a very good source for all kinds of spare parts for these reels.
Just contact me ...
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Return to “DAM Reels”