D.A.M. QUICK 330

The DAM Reels forum.
Thyratron
Ruffe

D.A.M. QUICK 330

Post by Thyratron »

This reel, in contrast to the DAM super, is in a shocking cosmetic condition. However it turns very smoothly and is worth renovating.

The only thing missing, as far as I can see, is a bale arm spring. If anyone could give me a heads up as to where I could get a replacement, or give me dimensions so I can fabricate one I would be much obliged.

thanks Paul.

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Re: D.A.M. QUICK 330

Post by Duebel »

I've got a very good source for all kinds of DAM spare parts. Just drop me a PM.
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

If Martin can't source one I shall have a look. There should be two or three 330's around which I hold for spares...
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Thyratron
Ruffe

Post by Thyratron »

Martin/ Chris, you are both very kind. however I haven't researched which actual model this is.
I can find no number anywhere on the reel. I actually thought that Dam quick 330, and the Dam quick finessa were different models?
the paint is so bad it will have to be stripped and the original seems to be in a wrinkle finish. I understand that some quick models
were finished in black gloss. Is that correct? This reel will be a user.

my best regards, Paul.

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Paul, there are heaps of slight differences in these reels over time due to the timespan they have been produced. The Finessa is the the pre- 330. I do not need to know more details. Your missing spring is the general size for all of these. Any 330 spring will fit your reel.
Your reel is one of the latest era.
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Thyratron
Ruffe

Post by Thyratron »

The time has come to think about refinishing this reel.
It seems to be finished in a slightly wrinkle finish matt black. It doesn't seem to have an etch primer undercoat which might be the cause of the paint flaking off.
Now, the only wrinkle finish black I can find in a spray can is a VHT"very high temperature", paint designed for engine parts, the application of which is a bit hit and miss with regards to the final depth of texture. This stuff also requires one to cure the finished artical in an oven.
I cant see my darling wife approving the use of her oven for this purpose. Therefore I may be forced to finish it in satin black, similar to the finish on Mitchells.
The chrome plating on the handle is badly pitted but I will rub this down and, if necessary, paint that black also.
I will need a new/old balearm spring. If Martin or Chris could source me one I would be most grateful.
Another thing, I cannot find a serial number anyware on the reel?

kind regards,
Paul.

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the repainted reel!
I've sent you a PM regarding the bail arm spring.
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Thyratron
Ruffe

Post by Thyratron »

Martin, P.M sent.

Thanks.

Thyratron
Ruffe

Post by Thyratron »

Thanks to Martin I now have a bale arm spring however I am in the middle of re-furbing a Columbian 63 reel. I will be using the success or not, of this to hone up my abilities tod do the D.A.M. justice. I obtained some VHT. paint but I still don't think I will try to crinkle it.

best regards,
Paul.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Best of luck Paul; I am sure it will be fantastic. As you might appreciate I am a relatively recent (re) convert to DAM and think they are fabulous.

Return to “DAM Reels”