DAM Quick 82

The DAM Reels forum.
SharkBoy
Perch

DAM Quick 82

Post by SharkBoy »

Hi guys has anybody come across a Dam Qick82 before .. have the chance of buying one but I'm not sure if it's capable of handling chunky carp up to mid 20's .. would appreciate if anybody has fished with one how it performs cheers Steve

Oswy
Ruffe

Re: DAM Quick 82

Post by Oswy »

Sorry can't help on that particular model.

But I've landed doubles on my little old budget D.A.M. Prince 1014 with no problem and it's probably not as robust as your reel

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Haven't handled any of those before but they were made from 1972-1980. Think they were DAM's cheaper range of reels. Numbers range from 80, 82, 83, 84, 85 (which was a high speed model), 86, 87, 88, 89 and 90 (which has some sort of pick up mechanism/option for the bail arm). Not sure if there was an 81. Not much to find out about these reels. From what I can see on pictures they do not vary in size like the 110-550 models or likewise later models N and P series. That brings me to the idea that the internals may have changed with numbers but that's just a vague theory. I wouldn't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to use it for carp. Their drag system shouldn't be so much different from what they used on their higher priced models so :Thumb:
Hope that helps.
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Have seen it next to a Finessa which is the pre-version of the 330 and same size. The spool of the 82 is a lot smaller so line capacity will be lower. Seems to be a spinning reel rather.
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Oswy
Ruffe

Post by Oswy »

I've a few old D.A.M reels and find that the drags and pick ups are certainly superior to some of my newer reels.

SharkBoy
Perch

Post by SharkBoy »

Thanks guys for the info

Return to “DAM Reels”