330 Anti-Reverse Question

The DAM Reels forum.
Mitch300
Roach

330 Anti-Reverse Question

Post by Mitch300 »

Fellow DAM enthusiasts:

To celebrate my second vaccination shot, I picked up a Dam Quick 330 (lots of these on the US auction site---I was the only bidder). The one hundred yards of 30-lb line was an unexpected bonus too---it will probably be useful in the garden. However, I have a question regarding the reverse/anti-reverse lever. It has three positions: forward only, neutral, and reverse only. Is the reverse-only position there so that it becomes the forward-only position if you change the reel from left-hand wind to right-hand wind? Or is there some novel style of German fishing in which one only reels backwards? Maybe the Bamberg contingent could weigh in on this one.

G. B.

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Re: 330 Anti-Reverse Question

Post by Duebel »

In Germany we try to over complicate things, not only when it comes to fishing. There must be a way, to catch a fish with a reel that runs in the wrong direction ... :tea:
Sadly enough, the current situation pretty much feels like that.

No, seriously, you've found the correct answer already yourself. It's only " there so that it becomes the forward-only position if you change the reel from left-hand wind to right-hand wind".
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

EssexMark
Minnow

Post by EssexMark »

Excellent question as I wondered myself why that was. Great reels btw. I received my first 330 a week or so ago and spent a pleasant 30 mins or so at the weekend servicing and cleaning it. Internals remind me somewhat of the ABU Cardinals 55s and 66s

Mitch300
Roach

Post by Mitch300 »

Thanks for the clarification, Martin. I think we can all relate to things running in the wrong direction. I am hoping that I have now given my last lecture on Zoom and can return to normal teaching in September. As soon as lockdown rules permit, it would be nice to have another International TFF day---the last one was a great success.

As EssexMark noted, these reels are superbly designed and manufactured. I was unaware of DAM reels for my first 45 years of fishing, learned of them through this forum, and was also very pleasantly surprised, on opening one up, to see how elegant their engineering is. What I really need, to raise my spirits, is one of the two-speed models. Did they make any in the 220/280/330 size?

All the best,

G. B.

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

There's only the two speed version of the DAM Super, that I'm aware of. Maybe a 221 or 331 can raise your spirits? They're the high speed versions of the 220 and 330.
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Return to “DAM Reels”