Hardy Match Fishers Reel

The Hardy Reels forum.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: Hardy Match Fishers Reel

Post by Wallys-Cast »

An absolutely wonderful reel.
I was allowed to fish with one of these reels while on holiday a few years ago. It took a few minutes to get used to it but after that I was in love.

Wal.

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

Silfield wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:48 pm
Fredline wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:05 pm It just oozes quality.
Doesn't it just!
What a beautifully engineered reel you have there AllRounder :Hat:
Has it ever seen a line before?
Many thanks to you all for the kind comments. :Hat:

Ian it’s certainly been fished with but as always very difficult to tell how much use it has had.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

That is awesome abs has given me an idea for a reel of my own!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

That looks wonderful. Apologies in advance but, could I cheekily ask, does it actually do the job it’s meant to do? :Scared:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

Duckett wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:09 pm That looks wonderful. Apologies in advance but, could I cheekily ask, does it actually do the job it’s meant to do? :Scared:
I’ll get back to you in due course if I may. In the meantime perhaps Wal would kindly comment for me as he is possibly the only forum member to have used one.....

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

AllRounder wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:25 pm
Duckett wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:09 pm That looks wonderful. Apologies in advance but, could I cheekily ask, does it actually do the job it’s meant to do? :Scared:
I’ll get back to you in due course if I may. In the meantime perhaps Wal would kindly comment for me as he is possibly the only forum member to have used one.....
I shall look forward to that.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

AllRounder wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:25 pm
Young Wal already did, Sir ... see a few posts back. A succinct but informative critique. :Wink: :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Far too nice to fish with, it would get wet and dirty.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Remembering to hang the line on the hook after casting is the part I forgot a few times but it soon becomes automatic.
To cast, turn the spool face forward, finger trapping the line on the edge of the spool, unhook the line and cast in the normal manner. After the cast is made, turn the spool to the retreive/ normal fishing position and hang the line over the hook. Winding in is the same as any right hand wind pin apart from the line is fed onto the spool by the hook.

It does cause some line twist like all side cast reels and the spool can be turned around 180 degrees to take the twist out of the line. This means winding backwards of course until the twist has been eliminated then the spool goes back on the other way round, but to be honest, I used the reel almost all day and never noticed any line twist at all.
I actually used it during a 4 hour friendly match and came second. The best result I had all week. :Hahaha: A truly magic reel if ever there was one.

Wal.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A lovely looking reel - unique!

Return to “Hardy Reels”