Exalta

The Hardy Reels forum.
NiceRoach
Eel

Exalta

Post by NiceRoach »

I sometimes keep a close eye on the traditional style reels market and have noticed
a sharp rise in the prices of the Exalta. There are loads currently on eBay when usually they
are few and far between, they must be the 'in reel' for collection.

:tea:
niceroach

Fredline
Tench

Re: Exalta

Post by Fredline »

I hope so. I have just picked up 3 new spare spools for the Exalta.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Indeed, every one seems to be in the £150+ region...they are good, but! I don't suppose there'll be panic buying of them at these prices, but as the world seems to be going mad,we just don't know anything anymore.
...and try finding a spare spring for one.

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

You could probably swap an Exalta for half a loo roll and a strip of lasagna.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Cat wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:56 pm You could probably swap an Exalta for half a loo roll and a strip of lasagna.
:Hahaha: :Hahaha:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Silexman
Ruffe

Post by Silexman »

The Exalta is a lovely reel to use. I prefer it to the Altex and use it for much of my carp fishing.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

There was at least three in the Mullocks auction, it'll be interesting to see what they went for.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Cat wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:56 pm You could probably swap an Exalta for half a loo roll and a strip of lasagna.
That's a little one sided, I would maybe accept if there was a piece of garlic bread involved....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

I watached the Mullocks auctions live on the first day, you could see him saying "goobye" to quite a few customers mid-way through as they were leaving or perhaps had got their eraly purchases, and prices generaly where not hitting the lower estimate. That said I don't know how he prices them. I didn't see the second day, but did check a few of the prices, geneally again 60% - 80% of the lower estimate. I think naturally people are not attending and possible thinking - why bother - I might not be here to use it, or sell it on. But again - i say I don't know how well previous auctions have reached reserve prices.
Last edited by Barbelseeker on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

It’s the same even on eBay, as a keen auction watcher the Coronavirus is already having an effect on prices.in my opinion
niceroach

Return to “Hardy Reels”