Altex No3 spring replacement?

The Hardy Reels forum.
Cat
Chub

Altex No3 spring replacement?

Post by Cat »

Hello All,
I appreciate this has been covered in some excellent posts previously, but advice and help needed in replacing an Altex spring (I've already compromised one spring, and have one remaining). Once the spring is through the slot, how do you actually get the other end on to the capstan and stay there? I appreciate using fine pliers is key, but I just can't seem to secure it without over stressing it. Three hands definitely needed!
Thanks Cat.

Stour Otter
Grayling

Re: Altex No3 spring replacement?

Post by Stour Otter »

Cat wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:34 am Hello All,
I appreciate this has been covered in some excellent posts previously, but advice and help needed in replacing an Altex spring (I've already compromised one spring, and have one remaining). Once the spring is through the slot, how do you actually get the other end on to the capstan and stay there? I appreciate using fine pliers is key, but I just can't seem to secure it without over stressing it. Three hands definitely needed!
Thanks Cat.

Hello Cat.
Can you point out your problem spring. 15; 24; 36.

Stour Otter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

I found that the best tool for this this job -
A certain Mr Gary Mills.
He also put the spool washers in the right order, which made a bit of a difference. (Cough).
No mechanic, I. :Chuckle: :Thumb:

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Hi Stour Otter,
No24.
...and thanks Banksy, I'll keep Garry I mind, but determined to have a proper go myself firstly (well, second attempt)!
Regards Cat

Return to “Hardy Reels”