Hardy altex strip down

The Hardy Reels forum.
Mark_Jenkins
Stickleback

Hardy altex strip down

Post by Mark_Jenkins »

Hi guys,
I have a hardy altex no 2 mk V but it has no back wind with a constant anti reverse. On each revolution of the flier ( spool Housing) it has a knock and I want to remove the spool housing so I can see why it has this knock. Does anyone know how to remove the flier so I can check what is going on? Here hoping someone has been brave enough to strip one of these down!

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: Hardy altex strip down

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Hi Mark,
I have put the Hardy Altex repair booklet on a post under the same heading as yours.
They are a bit daunting to work on at first but once you have done a full strip and rebuild they are actually nice to work on.
I think the bump you hear on each revolution will be the bail trip and may only need a slight adjustment, however it does mean a fair bit of stripping down to do this as there is half nut underneath the retaining/ pivot screw and if it comes loose it will roll about inside the rotor housing and trip lever will constantly come loose.
If you get stuck, let me know and I'll sort it out for you.

Wal.

Mark_Jenkins
Stickleback

Post by Mark_Jenkins »

Hi Wal,
Thanks for your advice.
The back of the bail arm spring retainer pin was catching on the bail trip as suggested.
Having dressed it lightly with a Dremel the ‘knock’ has gone, thanks for the information and diagrams.
This site is a great source of information.
I am glad to have joined.
Cheers
Mark

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Well done Mark, glad you got it sorted out.

Wal.

Return to “Hardy Reels”