G. Wilkins and Son Trent Rod

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Mark
Head Bailiff

G. Wilkins and Son Trent Rod

Post by Mark »

A few months ago I was given a cane rod by a friend and I have been trying to do a bit of research of the maker of the rod but have come up with nothing. It states on the rod G. Wilkins and Son Ltd of Redditch with the word TRENT above this. I am assuming it is a river rod hence the name Trent. The rod itself is 10 foot long and consists of three pieces, the butt and middle sections are cane and the tip section is split cane. I would appreciate any information about this company.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Coral Maestro
Chub

Re: G. Wilkins and Son Trent Rod

Post by Coral Maestro »

A bit of info here:

What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good afternoon Mark,I have a rod made by the same tackle maker called the Candor a 11ft whole cane with a split cane top and a shorter top for ledgering I assume ,it's been with me since 1965 and was bought for my girlfriend ,I think Steve Middleton did tell me the blanks came from Allcocks and were assembled by Wilkins ,nice light rods ,mines mint condition.Reelmaker.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

I don't think I have this rod anymore, my original post was nearly 9 year ago. :shocked:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Mark wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:36 pm I don't think I have this rod anymore, my original post was nearly 9 year ago. :shocked:
Fair point! I hope it caught you a few fish while you had custody of the rod.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”