Octopus Float Caster De luxe.

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Octopus Float Caster De luxe.

Post by Mr B »

I have an old Float caster de luxe with the first ferrel slightly curved upward ( it was down, I think because the downward pressure over the years?)
It was loose, so I glued it back on sloping upward hoping it might straighten over time...
It looks odd!
Any ideas? The best option will be to get a replacement, if not can they be straightened?.. it’s a nice rod otherwise.
The first ring is also damaged.
I’m just going to clean it up, give it a coat of varnish and use it now and then but would be so much better with the ferrel sorted.

All comments welcome.

Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Catfish.017
Eel

Re: Octopus Float Caster De luxe.

Post by Catfish.017 »

I reckon a little heat would sort that out. Bend it back by inserting a punch or bolt which just fits inside the ferrule to minimise the risk of distorting the ferrule.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Octopus Float Caster De luxe.

Post by Mr B »

Catfish.017 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:36 pm I reckon a little heat would sort that out. Bend it back by inserting a punch or bolt which just fits inside the ferrule to minimise the risk of distorting the ferrule.
I did wonder about that... I should have tried that before I put it back on the rod!

Thanks for your comment.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”