Short cane tench / carp rod recommendations.

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Cat
Chub

Re: Short cane tench / carp rod recommendations.

Post by Cat »

Hi Catfish, that's very kind of you to offer. I'd certainly be interested as I seem to have a bit of time at the moment.
Thanks Cat

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Cat wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:29 pm Hi Catfish, that's very kind of you to offer. I'd certainly be interested as I seem to have a bit of time at the moment.
Thanks Cat
hi Cat, Im buggered if I can find the thing at the moment! ill have a look again tomorrow

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Don't worry, no hurry, the world won't end (well, actually)!

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

There are two Barder Carp Crawlers for sale currently.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

I'm sorry Cat I still can't put my hands on it. I'm beginning to wonder if I've moved it on and forgotten?

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Hi,
No worries...if you come across it, just let me know. And, thanks for your reply Beresford, although I'm not sure I should indulge in a Barder in the current climate, and I think my wife may rip me limb from limb (obviously in a caring empathic way) as there is no way of receiving a rod without being found out at the moment!
Regards Cat

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Yes tricky times at the moment… there are quite a few spinning rods that might suit your purposes. I often think the Sharpes ones tend to survive in remarkably good condition.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Evening All,
Well, on the back of your various recommendations i've purchased a Milwards Spinversa 8' 9" in need of restoration. Cheapish as chips...the cane is solid, but it needs new ferrules (purchased), re-whipping, varnishing and one new low bell. So, I don't suppose anyone knows where I may get a quite unique intermediate from please, (otherwise I'll have to replace the lot, and that'll be a shame)? It's the single opposing leg design (and I'm sure there's a correct term it).
Recommendations for whipping thread as well please, as I don't suppose I'll be able to get the original.
A nice rod that needs a little TLC.
Thank you and regards Cat

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Hi Cat, could you post a photo of the ring and tell us the diameter?

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Cat wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:38 pm Evening All,
Well, on the back of your various recommendations i've purchased a Milwards Spinversa 8' 9" in need of restoration. Cheapish as chips...the cane is solid, but it needs new ferrules (purchased), re-whipping, varnishing and one new low bell. So, I don't suppose anyone knows where I may get a quite unique intermediate from please, (otherwise I'll have to replace the lot, and that'll be a shame)? It's the single opposing leg design (and I'm sure there's a correct term it).
Recommendations for whipping thread as well please, as I don't suppose I'll be able to get the original.
A nice rod that needs a little TLC.
Thank you and regards Cat
Peter Johnson of Olivers Rods will be able to help with the black/white Jasper thread :Hat:
oliversrods@tiscali.co.uk
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”