Cane pike rod?

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Cane pike rod?

Post by Olly »

Allcocks also sold the "Lepson de luxe" at 8ft and 9ft. "Built to cast 3oz". Going on from that the "Kenlee", also Allcocks, in 10ft and casts 2oz.
Both in the Allcocks 1966 Guide.

I would point out the Dennis Pye that I have is too powerful for most pike! A Hardy LRH 2 being more available than the above rods and is also very suitable for general piking although chucking a 1/2 mackerel a long way would be a bit much to ask.

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

Sharpes Salmon spinning rods of various lengths.I would avoid the model that was made to be fitted with a multiplier as the reel fitting is very low down on the handle and you may be faced with making alterations.My favourite pike(and winter barbel rods) are Milwards Spincraft Major's again in various lengths.milwards cane is always first class and the rods are usually well finished.Some models have lined rings throughout.I also use a Hardy lRH No 2 and a Monk of Chester 8'6" salmon spinning rod,again with lined rings throughout
Mark Davies

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Another vote for Milwards rods, they are superb quality.
Also look out for Dawsons of Bromley rods. The Challenger and the Burley are both powerful rods.

Wal.

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Thank you all for your excellent replies. Much food for thought.
Appreciated.
Regards Cat

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Looking at a Milwards catalogue of 1958/9 I can only find one Spincraft Major at 9ft with a max casting weight of 1oz.

I have a 3 section 10ft Milwards Spinmaster - been rebuilt badly - but lovely powerful dark cane rod.

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”