Rod Bags

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Galician
Ruffe

Rod Bags

Post by Galician »

I recently acquired an Allcocks Carp/Avon Twin Tip Cane Rod which I am delighted with. However the bag it came in is not to my likeing. Can the forum advice me of any maker of Traditional Rod bags. At the moment I'm finding it rather like searching for hens teeth.
Many thanks
Galician :dancing:

Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Rod Bags

Post by Tengisgol »

We were placing quite a lot of business with Ellen Lawrence who provided excellent quality and value ‘made to measure’ bags. I could be wrong but I believe that she may have had to step back at the moment?
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Galician wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:46 pm I recently acquired an Allcocks Carp/Avon Twin Tip Cane Rod which I am delighted with. However the bag it came in is not to my likeing. Can the forum advice me of any maker of Traditional Rod bags. At the moment I'm finding it rather like searching for hens teeth.
Many thanks
Galician :dancing:
I take it that the rod did not come with an original rod bag? I have an Allcocks Carp / Avon with an original rod bag. If it helps I am more than happy to send you a sketch of the rod bag with a set of measurements from which a new rod bag could be made.

By the way a very fine rod which I am sure you will enjoy immensely. :Thumb:

Galician
Ruffe

Post by Galician »

Thank you very much, I would like to take you up on your offer. The Rod is beautiful, I do not regret the high price I paid for it.

Walkerburt
Roach

Post by Walkerburt »

I’m always pleased when people say they don’t mind paying a high price ( we all like a bargain, don’t we?) - it almost takes guts to admit it, but you then have a treasured item that you might never have another chance to own.

On the subject of which, I’ve just spent £400 on a book.....🤫
The Watcher by the Bridge

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Walkerburt wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:59 pm I’m always pleased when people say they don’t mind paying a high price ( we all like a bargain, don’t we?) - it almost takes guts to admit it, but you then have a treasured item that you might never have another chance to own.

On the subject of which, I’ve just spent £400 on a book.....🤫
If it's something you really want, at what ever price and you can afford it, then it's a bargain! :Hat:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Walkerburt
Roach

Post by Walkerburt »

Quite right Jeremy, or as the antiques trade says “show me another”..
The Watcher by the Bridge

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Walkerburt, I have just spent exactly the same on the restoration of a fishing book! Re-bound & recovered.

I too am looking for someone who makes rod bags to order - Ellen's were my choice & price!

Anyone suggest an excellent replacement please?

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Galician wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:16 am Thank you very much, I would like to take you up on your offer. The Rod is beautiful, I do not regret the high price I paid for it.
Just seen your note Galician I will send you some details tomorrow.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

I have seen some nice custom made rod bags on a site called 'rodcraftsman', they are starting at £17.25 so they are not cheap, but they look nice and since I only have a few cane rods I might go for these.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”