WB Clarke. The Oakly

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
LuckyLuca
Barbel

WB Clarke. The Oakly

Post by LuckyLuca »

Picked up a WB Clarke The Oakley 12' light match rod yesterday at an antiques fair.
Does anyone know anything about this maker? The writing on this rod is oddly familiar but people moved around a lot in Redditch I believe.

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: WB Clarke. The Oakly

Post by Lea Dweller »

Hi Steve, it is almost certainly from the same 'stable' as Grove Tackle from Sudbury! This writing is so distinctive, but I am having a blank about some others from this stable, I am sure others on TFF will confirm who they are! :Hat:

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

There’s that script again. I wonder who it was that did the writing on all these rods for different makers.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Marc wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:00 pm There’s that script again. I wonder who it was that did the writing on all these rods for different makers.
His name is Archie Harrison, see post by John Harding entitled 'Recent Purchase' April 3rd 2018.

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”