Fosters of Ashbourne

The Fosters of Ashbourne Forum.
MGs
Pike

Fosters of Ashbourne

Post by MGs »

I was surprised this company didn't have its own entry. So apologies if it does, Mods feel free to move it.

A passage from Jack Hargreaves Fishing for a Year
"First a fly-rod, about which something was said at the beginning of the book. Eventually, perhaps, you may want two different lengths, particularly if you go lake-fishing for trout: bit I was recently shown one by Fosters of Ashbourne which, by a combination of butts and joints worked perfectly as an eight-footer or as ten-foot -six. Neither surffered by the compromise"

Having just adapted an Elasitcane to give the same two rods, I was wondering if anyone has one of the Fosters rods of this type? Some pictures would be great
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Scott
Tench

Re: Fosters of Ashbourne

Post by Scott »

I don't have one of those particular rods but I do own a Foster's of Ashbourne England's Favourite, and I have to say it is awesome, a real delight to fish with. The description on ebay stated that it had had a repair done by Foster's, when it arrived I inspected it and was, initially, unable to find the repair! It hasn't effected the rod's action in the slightest. Indeed Foster's of Ashbourne is a brand of exceptional quality......

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Fosters of Ashbourne

Post by Mark »

Fosters of Ashbourne now has it's own forum area setup MGs. :Thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Fosters of Ashbourne Cane Rods”