Arrrggghhhhhh

This forum belong to the other Canals.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Arrrggghhhhhh

Post by Mark »

We use to have a cat until two years ago when she was poisoned with anti freeze. Most of the cats in our village met the same end that year, apparently just dip a rag in antifreeze and sling the rang under a bush. We would love to have another cat but if the person who did this still lives in the village it would only happen again.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Hells bells Mark that's horrific! I'm not particularly a cat lover but people who set out to do things like that want exterminating :Angry:

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

I had a load of stuff in the attic shredded by mice. Took a month to get rid of them. The cat was no help as his food requirements tend to be a little more sophisticated these days, as illustrated in the unfinished painting below.
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Pickerel
Gudgeon

Post by Pickerel »

We don't have cats but we do have a hot tub in the garden and most mornings will go out and find a couple of our neighbours cats curled up asleep on the nice warm lid....

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Dave Burr wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:06 am Last year I bought two chairs, one lightweight and an expensive session chair. I have yet to use the big one and, I doubt I ever shall. This is what those pesky mice did .....

Looks like a write off. It'll teach me to keep the poison box topped up
Are you sure that mice did that Dave? :Hahaha:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

I managed to spill a tub of the old fashioned 'full fat' creosote in the shed a few years ago. It still smells in there but the saving grace is that there has been no evidence of any mice in there since. The other, much bigger shed, is rife with the little buggers so much so that one of the neighbourhood cats has moved in!
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Jake... our cat.
I better the name would've been Thomas O'Malley!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Lea Dweller wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:29 pm
Dave Burr wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:06 am Last year I bought two chairs, one lightweight and an expensive session chair. I have yet to use the big one and, I doubt I ever shall. This is what those pesky mice did .....

Looks like a write off. It'll teach me to keep the poison box topped up
Are you sure that mice did that Dave? :Hahaha:
Why, do you think my bum has teeth? :Chuckle:

Stour Otter
Grayling

Post by Stour Otter »

Leaving bait under the back seat, proved disastrous for one of your bailiffs. He had only left the car in the garage for a couple of weeks while away. The insurance company wrote the car off, as the rodent had chewed his way through the wiring loom, after finishing off the goodies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Stour Otter on Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Return to “Other Canals”