South Yorkshire Navigation Canal

This forum belong to the other Canals.
Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Re: South Yorkshire Navigation Canal

Post by Barbelseeker »

Thanks to all, for making this an enjoyable day. Overall, and expected, the company and fare for exceeded the fish. Thanks to David aka Banksy for giving me 4 maggots after a dour 4 hours on hemp and tares ( no bites) and casters (2 small roach) with which I doubled my catch in 2 swims down. Alas an handful didn't get my count above 6 fish. Well done David on your netfull, must have been as many as everyone else. A learning exercise- take maggots next time. Worms l didn't get a bite. Thanks mark and everyone.

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

Barbelseeker wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:52 am ... Thanks to David aka Banksy for giving me 4 maggots ...

"Giving ?"
Peter, this is Yorkshire -
Those maggots were priced at £1 each!

Still, a fair swap for your scones and delicious damson jam!
:Chuckle:

Barbellina
Roach

Post by Barbellina »

:clap: Many thanks to everyone yesterday at the SYNC, really enjoyed meeting you all and catching a few perch. The pies and chutney, sausage rolls and clotted cream scones were lovely too. :Hat:
"Angling is a refuge from competitiveness, from rat-racing, from status-seeking. So let it remain."
Bernard Venables

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

There was no charge for the fishing yesterday as the Chairman of the Club that controls the fishing on the canal agreed you could all fish free,especially as he does not have a stock of day tickets to issue! He was the gentleman who drove down and was talking to me.I had 15 reasonable sized perch the largest being about 3/4 lb but my swim died in the afternoon.I hope some of you can attend the next TFF outing at Ravenfield on the 29th September. Percy Turners world famous pork pies are promised!
Mark Davies

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Sorry, I cannot attend, plus I have to lose weight, which pork pies do not assist with!

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Despite blanking completely, something I haven't done in a while, even though I paid tribute to Fred Foster - native of Swinton where we were https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-th ... die-foster - by using a swing-tip and choosing peg No 59 (I lived my first 17 years at 59 Blackburn Road, Rishton) I had a very enjoyable time on Sunday. Thanks to Mark for organising this and for giving me a lift home which gave me enough time to get up to the off-licence in Crookes for a bottle of wine and then to slumpin front of the cricket highlights. see you all again some time.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

With all the rivers flooded I will be heading to the SYN at Kilnehurst tomorrow as I have plenty of lobworms to target the perch.If anyone wants to join send me a PM.If you are not a club member and a bailiff turns up its £2.50 on the bank.Maggots might be useful to try to catch some gudgeon.BendSomeCane advises the canal may be coloured as its connected to the River Don.
Mark Davies

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Mark,
Thanks for the offer, but I am afraid that I cannot make it - my daughters are taking me out for a belated birthday present. Hope that you have a good day.
Peter

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Penninelad wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:55 pm With all the rivers flooded I will be heading to the SYN at Kilnehurst tomorrow as I have plenty of lobworms to target the perch.If anyone wants to join send me a PM.If you are not a club member and a bailiff turns up its £2.50 on the bank.Maggots might be useful to try to catch some gudgeon.BendSomeCane advises the canal may be coloured as its connected to the River Don.
Dear Pennine Lad .. were you brave enough to venture out today ?

My rain lashed office windows told me I was better off at work!

Bendsomecane
http://bendsomecane.blogspot.com/
By the grace of god a Yorkist

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

BendSomeCane wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:21 pm
Penninelad wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:55 pm With all the rivers flooded I will be heading to the SYN at Kilnehurst tomorrow as I have plenty of lobworms to target the perch.If anyone wants to join send me a PM.If you are not a club member and a bailiff turns up its £2.50 on the bank.Maggots might be useful to try to catch some gudgeon.BendSomeCane advises the canal may be coloured as its connected to the River Don.
Dear Pennine Lad .. were you brave enough to venture out today ?

My rain lashed office windows told me I was better off at work!

Bendsomecane
Andy, a bad days fishing is still better than a good day in the office :fishing2:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Return to “Other Canals”