Olivers of Knebworth, but which model?

The Oliver's of Knebworth Rods forum.
Albert47
Dace

Re: Olivers of Knebworth, but which model?

Post by Albert47 »

Hello Gurn,it's hard to tell from your photos' what model it is.The high bell rings suggest it is a float rod.I have two similar rods,one being a Roach Perfection,the other an Avon Perfection.Like you I live in Beds,so we can't be far away from each other.Should you wish to see the rods, and compare them at some time,please feel free to contact me.Regards Albert.

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Thank you Albert..I may just take you up on that when time dictates. I wonder if you would be so kind to measure the ring spacings on the Avon Perfection as I suspect that information may help unlock the true identity of my rod.. :Hat:

Albert47
Dace

Post by Albert47 »

Gurn wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:09 pm Thank you Albert..I may just take you up on that when time dictates. I wonder if you would be so kind to measure the ring spacings on the Avon Perfection as I suspect that information may help unlock the true identity of my rod.. :Hat:
Hello Gurn,I've just assembled both rods to compare the ring spacings, and noticed the Avon Perfection is 3 inches longer than the Roach.It also has quite a noticeable compound taper tip section.Both rods are fitted with 10 rings.The ring spacings for the Avon Perfection are 4 1/2 in, 5 1/2, 7, 8 1/4, 10, 11 3/4, 12 3/4, 13 3/4, 16 1/2.Hope this helps you in search.

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Thank you for the information, Albert. It all adds to the jigsaw.
It would seem quite clear that my rod is either one or the other.
When the the two sections are put together, it does measure a few inches more than 11'.
Though ferrule placement and fit does create a discrepancy on many rods.

Swythyn Troutbeck
Grayling

Post by Swythyn Troutbeck »

Sorry for the delay Gurn but I'm full time on the veg plot at the moment. Today, though, I'm treating myself to time off and before grabbing my fly rod and heading for Mill Brook I've found time to take some shots of my Roach Perfection. If Tinypic works, here they are: :Hat:

Doh.....!
When I'm not fishin' I'm fettlin'

Return to “Oliver's of Knebworth Cane Rods”