Possible Priory rod of Bournemouth The Throop any ideas ???

The Priory Rods of Bournemouth Rods forum.
Paul D

Re: Possible Priory rod of Bournemouth The Throop any ideas

Post by Paul D »

Nice job Sir, the colour scheme really works :Hat:

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

What a superb job you've done Sir! I have found the whole process absolutely riveting! Wonderful post!
All my congratulations. As an aside, I too have fished the Ouzel round the Leighton Buzzard area, superb chubbing territory.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

A great result and I agree the whipping colour really works with the cane, well done. :Hat:

Wal.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Bravo! You've put a bend in it. :Hat:

Feels good, doesn't it?

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Thank you and Good evening sir's if I may call you that, as for the River Ouzel your right about the Chub I have fished it most of my life, I went for a bike ride two days ago having a look about an area that really doesn't get fished much and I have seen four nice Chub lots of smaller stuff too like baby Barbel, dace, roach etc.

Role on the glorious 15th and I'll see about catching some, I'll let you all know how I get on. I have made a logo for the rod just needs touching up a little, whether I use it or not is a different matter, story told next rod :Thumb: . this forum and being part of it brings me a lot pleasure, thank you.

Regards Trefor
The Revival float rod.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lovatt on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Nobby wrote:Bravo! You've put a bend in it. :Hat:

Feels good, doesn't it?
Yes your right it does Nobby, I like the feel of a split cane rod rather than carbon or fiberglass and all those people who have not owned or used one, will never know.

The rod has a rather soft but firm action with plenty of more power when needed, it casts a medium weight float a good 30 yards with ease and has a lovely golden color with ferrules that pop when pulled apart, you don't find that with carbon or fiberglass.

Regards Trefor

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Lovatt wrote:Thank you and Good evening sir's if I may call you that, as for the River Ouzel your right about the Chub I have fished it most of my life, I went for a bike ride two days ago having a look about an area that really doesn't get fished much and I have seen four nice Chub lots of smaller stuff too like baby Barbel, dace, roach etc.

Role on the glorious 15th and I'll see about catching some, I'll let you all know how I get on. I have made a logo for the rod just needs touching up a little, whether I use it or not is a different matter, story told next rod :Thumb: . this forum and being part of it brings me a lot pleasure, thank you.

Regards Trefor
The Revival.png
Better make that the glorious 16th Trefor, or you could have a bit of bother!!!!!

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Thanks for mentioning the 16th the local club and authority has it as the 15th would you believe it, I seem to remember it should be the 16th June or would that be traditionally as they done away with the close season on still waters or at the club or owners discretion rivers however would be the 16th and thanks for pointing that out.

The local club here will be selling the new books in a week or two, my currant one is valid till the 15th June, 16th it will be.

Regards trefor

Return to “Priory of Bournemouth Cane Rods”