Constable Sawyer Nymph Rod: opinions

The Constable Of Bromley Rods forum.
Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Constable Sawyer Nymph Rod: opinions

Post by Bobby Marlene »

If any of you does own this rod or has fished it I would be very interested in your opinion. I am looking for a taper for my next project. I was thinking of a longer, light rod in the 8-9 ft range and #4 or 5 line class that I want to use for soft hackle and wet fly fishing on a smaller river.
I found this constable taper and ad I own another Constable rod that I like very mich I would like to try it. The rod is supposed to be a 4 weight.
Now, I am a bit afraid that it is a noodle at this length in such a light line class.
So my question for those lucky enough to own one: how do you like it and for what type of fishing are you using it and why.
As always, thank you very much :Hat:
Bobby

Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Constable Sawyer Nymph Rod: opinions

Post by Paul F »

Hi Chris, i tried to bid on one of these at an auction a few years go, but went for more than i was prepared to pay.
I felt it was very steely for the lenght, sometimes the longer fly rods seem floppy, but this was nice.
I don't think Frank Sawyer would have put his name to a rod which he didn't hreally approve.
I am sure it is a great nymphing rod for river work, and worth copying the taper :Hat:

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Just to add we must know what we are both talking about, as you are a brown trout and i am a rainbow :laugh1: :laugh1:

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Paul F wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:23 pm Just to add we must know what we are both talking about, as you are a brown trout and i am a rainbow :laugh1: :laugh1:
Good to hear from you, Paul! I love talking about the things I really have no clue about, like politics :Hahaha: :Hahaha:
Take care rainbow, fishermen all around here.

Return to “Constable Of Bromley Cane Rods”