Re: Roach rod.

Post by Julian »

Looks to be in stunning condition as well as being a superb rod. :Thumb:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Thank you for the information Lee, a fascinating rod, and you've done it proud.

Bumble, I look forward to improved health and a trip fishing with you very soon.

I don't think you're in any danger of being thought as showing off...you've a bit of money at the moment and you're buying some nice stuff. You've done a lot of research, made the effort, built up the contacts and you're choosing wisely. I won't deny being mildly jealous, but I'm happy for you and I thank-you for sharing your good fortune with us all.

My only concern is that you drink cheeky vimtos! :Wink:

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Bumble wrote:Nobby the National Fishing Museum has always been open to any member who wishes to come around for a quick cheeky Vimto.
As for your question on the enamel knowing Lee I would suggest its natural but cannot be sure.
I was very nervous about posting the rod last night so quickly after the Coxan as I was worried it gave the wrong impression that I was trying to impress but friends convinced me other wise.
The cost of both was a third of the rod that sold last night on fleebay that you and I discussed by mail which I have to say I would not have touched with a barge pole for the reasons you and I agree on.
I am very naturally tight where money is concerned and spend hours on research and my data base of anything good ever sold. Mean while Mrs B watches every episode of escape to the country that was ever made plus the repeats x 2.
The one rod I have never posted is possible the finest cane float ever produced which again I bought privately from a very trusted friend and eminent member of this forum.
My motto is very simple by from a trusted source and avoid fleebay once you get over the back problem we will go Tench fishing and you can try out the Craftversa
Bumble
Please may I book a ticket and a glass of cheeky vimto please Mr Bumble sir :tea: :Wink:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

Its a lovely rod,and a smashing resto, Cane man.
The rods you show,and reels all come with interesting tales of service stations at midnight, and men with cloth bags,thanks for showing them.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Without someone posting these unusual treasures many would be none the wiser! So a big thanks!

The next time a see a rod I can look upon it in a different light - before and after restoration!

Superb job been done.

Return to “Ogden Smith Cane Rods”