Aspindale Roach?

The James Aspindale and Sons Rods forum.
ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Re: Aspindale Roach?

Post by ReelMaker »

I would like a rod that would be of the same build spec but in 10 ft and lighter ,just for Roach and Dace,I am now trying to catch the smaller varieties of river fish ,it seems they are not of much interest, as most want specimens .Reelmaker

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Nobby wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:33 am It might well be re-written, but usually it was written as Jas. Aspindale....a popular amendment of the day.
The use of the trade name Dalesman indicates a post 1949 rod and the lack of 'and Son' possibly suggests an early rod in this period as it was soon included....certainly by 1954 when Tony Croft went to work there after leaving Allcock.
Jas. Aspindale & Son stopped trading in 1961, but was re-kindled in name in 1965 when Peter Aspindale, the '& Son', joined up with Tony Croft again and the old firms name was used once more.
Excellent information Nobby. Whenever it was built it certainly makes a nice roach and grayling rod.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

ReelMaker wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:50 pm I would like a rod that would be of the same build spec but in 10 ft and lighter ,just for Roach and Dace,I am now trying to catch the smaller varieties of river fish ,it seems they are not of much interest, as most want specimens .Reelmaker
Perhaps the Aspindales Avondale would suit your purposes - 10ft 6in, 3 pce, hollow built, light and well suited to roach and dace fishing.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Aspindale and Sons Cane Rods”