Marco Thames Deluxe

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
Pragmatic Piscator
Stickleback

Marco Thames Deluxe

Post by Pragmatic Piscator »

I recently acquired a Marco Thames Deluxe (2 sections of whole cane with a split cane top section) in quite a sorry state. It was covered in a horrible, thick orange varnish, the ferrules were disgustingly dirty and the whippings were breaking away causing the eyes to wobble about!

However, it was straight as a dye and a full 12 foot so I set about cleaning it up...

I stripped it completely and cleaned up the eyes and ferrules. All whippings have been replaced as faithfully as possible and an appropriate rod varnish applied. I’m no pro but I’m proud of the job I’ve done. It looks clean, maybe even as good as new, or close to it...

I have used it once on the river in the hope it would trot well but alas, I don’t think this is its forte. So I’m considering moving it on in order to fund a different rod however, I am quite taken with it and wonder what it’s intended purpose truly is.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this model? Does anyone else own one and if so, what do you use it for?
Any guidance on pricing this for sale would be appreciated too. I shall pop some pictures up as soon as I’ve figured out how (I’m still very new here!).

Pragmatic Piscator
Stickleback

Re: Marco Thames Deluxe

Post by Pragmatic Piscator »

Return to “The Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”