Could this be a Capella?

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
Silfield
Brown Trout

Re: Could this be a Capella?

Post by Silfield »

Well, the transfer paper arrived so I thought I would have a go at getting a couple of images from the phone to the printer, onto standard white A4 for starters to get the hang of things. I soon learned that it was a fruitless venture trying to get decent results from my phone, so will have another stab at it on the pc later.
In the meantime I thought I would have a go at a freehand logo directly onto the film. Cheated with the oval as I have a set of templates from my drawing office days.

1st attempt.

Looks like a cross between Oliver Cromwell and some dodgy Austrian chap but at least I wont get accused of counterfeiting :Happy:
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

That looks good :Thumb:

What are you going to print it on? The original is a gold finish with what looks like a fish scale texture.

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:12 am That looks good :Thumb:

What are you going to print it on? The original is a gold finish with what looks like a fish scale texture.
Still very much in the experimental (playing) stage but the above is drawn directly onto the transfer film. The plan is to mix the goldish paint from my modelling stash and paint the roundel directly onto the blank, then slide the transfer over the top.
If it works it works, if it doesnt then I will have another think.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

A quick update on the transfer front.
I went through with the plan to paint the blank and float the transfer over the top and all in all it was a steep learning curve but quite satisfying.
The scripted banner went on a treat but the oval one shrivelled up after a few seconds under water, looking like a string of jelly, so another was hastily drawn. I realised afterwards that I had forgotten to varnish the oval one after drawing it :oops:

ImageImageImage

Got a bit of touching up to do before a fixing coat of varnish but quite happy for a first attempt. Next time I will be using the printer thou :Wink:
Washington Irving

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Good job Silfield :Thumb:

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Nice to see a plan coming together. :Thumb:

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

The whipping of the butt section is finished and has a coat or two of thread sealer on it. I jumped the gun a bit as I still haven't stripped the tip section but wanted to see what the thread looked like.

Should be a useful little rod once up and running.
Washington Irving

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Very nice :Thumb:

If it had been me though I would have kept the wrappings the same gold & black as the original. It looks sooooh classy :Hahaha:

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:20 pm Very nice :Thumb:

If it had been me though I would have kept the wrappings the same gold & black as the original. It looks sooooh classy :Hahaha:
Cant say I am too keen on the lighter coloured jasper threads but if I had a black/red, green/red or green/black I would have given them a go.
I used a Fish Hawk candy apple red which was brought for an Allcocks restoration but am wondering if it is a little bright :Cool:
Washington Irving

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Silfield wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:38 pm
Mole-Patrol wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:20 pm Very nice :Thumb:

Cant say I am too keen on the lighter coloured jasper threads but if I had a black/red, green/red or green/black I would have given them a go.
I used a Fish Hawk candy apple red which was brought for an Allcocks restoration but am wondering if it is a little bright :Cool:
In a word; Yes! :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

As you can see. Mine is much more soffistikated :eyebrow:

Return to “The Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”