ARUN Ring guide HELP

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
Galician
Ruffe

Re: ARUN Ring guide HELP

Post by Galician »

Hi, Many thanks to you both, I'm very grateful. Apologies for the late reply, I've been laid up for a few days unfortunately. I have put new ferrules on each section which is driving me mad, when purchased they came with the mail inserted in the female, no problem I thought, now they are on the Rod they do not fit, the mail no longer fits the female, never experienced this before. I'll just have to work something out.
Whing over now.
Again many thanks for your help.
Galician

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Galician wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:01 pm Hi, Many thanks to you both, I'm very grateful. Apologies for the late reply, I've been laid up for a few days unfortunately. I have put new ferrules on each section which is driving me mad, when purchased they came with the mail inserted in the female, no problem I thought, now they are on the Rod they do not fit, the mail no longer fits the female, never experienced this before. I'll just have to work something out.
Whing over now.
Again many thanks for your help.
Galician
The male probably just needs a little lapping in.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I Have a Arun that was my dads.. been trying to find some information for years!
I’m in the process of looking for some parts... the top section was broken and thrown away but I have a sort of one that fits.. it’s just a couple of Ferrels I need or better still a top section... saying that middle and top!
I will keep my eye out... be nice to use again even if it is only the bottom section of the original rod... my old man would be happy it’s in use again...
It was his rod for as long as I can remember... he would have been 98 now..
As a point of interest It looks like a general purpose rod... with the name of the river Aran in it as they did then... rivers...
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Galician
Ruffe

Post by Galician »

Hi, Thank you all for your help, just started the refurb today, putting the ferrules on, oh I hate that job. Ready to start the whips now.
Should be ready come christmas.
Galician (David)
:tea: :fishing1:

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I have been looking through the post and cant find a link to the 10ft 6 Arun spacings... I think I remember a recommendation to add another guid to help with the correct bend and tension on the rod.
I am refurbishing one at the moment.
Any tips or heads up to the post.

Thank you.
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

One of the ferrules may be upside down. Male and female will usually only go together one way round as they are made to fit together by lapping in. A long and quite laborious job on some ferrules.
It is of course sometimes a good way to reuse old worn ferrules.
Wal.

Return to “The Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”