The Medway

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
Surrey Martin
Roach

The Medway

Post by Surrey Martin »

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can assist me . I have a friend who has been using a Medway 3 piece for carp And Barbel fishing quite successfully and has just purchased another from flea bay but now it has arrived it is no way near as solidly built and appears a different diameter ? Could this be the deluxe hollow version ?
Test curve appears to suit a float rod .
Anyone got any specifications ?
Thanks for your help gentlemen .
Martin

Oh and stay safe everyone

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Re: The Medway

Post by Tonkin Wand »

For a start look on MARCO Rods under other rods on this site. Marco has a distinctive trade mark. Some measurements of the size of the cane would help. Don't disregard a home creation, but "named" Tony

Surrey Martin
Roach

Post by Surrey Martin »

Thanks and yes I have looked and seen some comments which I have passed on . The labels suggest it is a genuine rod tbh and I will post a pic on here when he send a it to me .
Thanks for reply
Regards
Martin

Surrey Martin
Roach

Post by Surrey Martin »

Please see pics of the 2 Medway rods
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Post by Richard Jackson »

Hi Martin , both rods are original Marco “Medway” I have 4 Medway rods which are all original and different , I will post pictures later if I can remember where I have stored them
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Learning all the time!!! I have just unearthed mine and its a combination of both styles..... Tapered alloy collar,...... logo as per left hand item to include "Medway"...."Deluxe" ,...........as separate bar transfer towards the first line ring "Elasicane",.... (in script) .... "Hollow Built" .....and very small on the underside above the collar ....3559...... I have a 1977 catalog and ALL CANE rods have gone and the Medway model dropped so these must be pre that date ??? !! Regards Tony

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I to have “The Medway”

I got my one, a lovely example from a fellow TFF member.
My one is 12 foot and hollow built.
It has a nice action for float fishing but also had plenty of power too. I have only used it once and really liked it.
lots of there rods are named after rivers I have an Aran in the pipe line and will be looking out for the other’s over the next few years.
I didn’t know they made different kind of styles of rods using the same name. Interesting..
Last edited by Mr B on Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Surrey Martin
Roach

Post by Surrey Martin »

Many thanks guys for your replies .

So it would appear that although they had the same tag name ie Medway the actual rod design taper etc was different ! Strange but hey ho . My friend will just have to go Roach fishing with it .

As always keep any info coming but great responses to date from a great bunch of guys .

Cheers

Martin

Return to “The Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”