Un named Rodrill christened on the Vezere

The Rodrill of London Rods forum.
Coral Maestro
Chub

Un named Rodrill christened on the Vezere

Post by Coral Maestro »

A short trip to the Vezere river this morning resulted in a nice chub of 4-05 (my biggest in France) and a barbel of around 4lbs which was foul hooked and went like the clappers! The rod has a nice through action with plenty of power in the butt section should one be lucky enough to hook a special fish.

It was a tight swim so the rod is positioned at a precarious angle! Here are a few more shots of the rod in more spacious surroundings:

The ferrules have a characteristic double ring on the male part which I don't remember seeing on another rod. May be useful for ID purposes on other Rodrills that have lost their transfers (but saying that, my Rodrill Dipper doesn't have these!).

What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Liphook
Barbel

Re: Un named Rodrill christened on the Vezere

Post by Liphook »

Well done on your French pb chevin! Nice looking rod CM but I'm afraid I can't help with identification or impart any info on Rodrill cane :Hat:

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Liphook wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:05 pm Well done on your French pb chevin! Nice looking rod CM but I'm afraid I can't help with identification or impart any info on Rodrill cane :Hat:
Thanks! It was nice to be able to get on the river when it wasn't roaring through.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

This same rod landed a 20-05 carp just before the "lockdown" due to Coronavirus. It doesn't feel "undergunned" with fish of this size. Most of the action is in the top third and the power really kicks in lower down. I think it could make a good big river barbel rod.
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Rodrill of London Cane Rods”