River Roding Upper reaches

This forum belongs to the River Roding.
Andyac
Ruffe

Re: River Roding Upper reaches

Post by Andyac »

Hi all
Castles first Roding match of the season 1st leg is on Sunday with sleet and temps down to -1c on friday. Last season had a real low turn out after a couple of freezing days before and it was hard I opted for a light bomb to 3/4 oz tip and had 3 bites and caught two Roach and one was 6.5 ozs for 7oz and came 2nd, however the Roding got me back in the 2nd leg not even getting a bite at the shallow top end . Hoping for more bites this time round and a better turn out . The long range forecast is usually wrong however it states that it will be raining on Sunday .
Goodluck anyone getting out on Saturday/Sunday

Andyac
Ruffe

Post by Andyac »

The match has been cancelled, too much rain!

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

ImageImage
This was a bit of the Roding (Cripsey Brook) today... It was tanking through and well over its banks
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Andyac
Ruffe

Post by Andyac »

Hi Aitch
From 0.200m to 1.446m in a day and Abridge and Loughton in the red level. High Ongar, Shonks Mill and Redbridge just in the green level.

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Was it 71 when the Water Board hacked the banks about and turned the lovely meandering river into a drain around Abridge?

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Ian.R.McDonald wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:27 pm Was it 71 when the Water Board hacked the banks about and turned the lovely meandering river into a drain around Abridge?
Sounds about right.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Tengisgol wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:25 pm Some interesting references here https://www.conservationevidence.com/in ... study/1206

I feel a bit better now I have read the advantages. I just remember the shock and disappointment of first seeing it.

I suspect I would be more " challenged" by the journey by tube and the route march to and from the river nowadays. It had the greatest population of small pike I have ever seen. The Mr Crabtree " x marks the spot" wasn't needed as it was hard to throw a bait which didn't result in a take. Or perhaps the years make it better!

Andyac
Ruffe

Post by Andyac »

Hi all
Merry Christmas.
The Castle presidents Cup 1st leg has been rescheduled for 3rd January however we are still having a lot of rain. Low summer level from the high ongar ea level station is around 0.068m today its 0.852m. The Cripsey Brook raises the level at the bottom stretch. Is it greedy to want , a slow walking pace flow, dropping level, still with a bit of colour and a mild dry day.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

The Cripsey at the bottom of Bansons lane is belting through, about 3 feet below the bottom of the bridge... yesterday it was over the bridge and in the fields... just walked across the bridge...
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Return to “River Roding”