River Roding

This forum belongs to the River Roding.
Bigoll
Silver Bream

Re: River Roding

Post by Bigoll »

Tengisgol - check out my 100-up piece under the Roding thread. I've been fishing the river all summer and into early autumn with good results, but have only been out a couple of times since end of September. It's very flashy at the moment, with a night of heavy rain making it largely unfishable for a week or more (and then it rains again!). I'm hoping for some dry weather over the next fortnight to have a final bash of 2014.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Dog walk from lower queens rd to Central line railway bridges over the river . River very high ( level with the bank in some places ) running through very high , cofee with milk coloured..

A few corners , nooks quiet pools ..

Hopefully be back with me rod when it settles down

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Its heading for the fields out Passingford way.

I'll try to get on the Roding or the Lea in Marcg to end the season.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Hi all
I went out 3 weeks ago in a swim I found in the bdac section. I have to walk three quarters of a mile but it's worth it. I have fished it 4 times 3 in winter and blanked once. Only caught perch and a small pike until the session 3 weeks ago. It was freezing with my landing net freezing to the bank and the river was pushing through with 0.80m at the level station at shonks mill. I used my forum tripod to keep the line out the flow and fished the slackwater over the back. Lobworm on one rod and maggots. Indication was bite alarm and reel with bait runner set. At twilight I heard one beep and the rod top was tapping towards the bait and I caught my first silver fish from this swim a 2lb 14ozs chub. About an hour into darkness watching the rod tops or the Drennan isotopes noticed a drop back and caught a 3lb 4ozs. The 2 Chubb were caught on lobworm and I didn't get a touch on maggot confirming in rivers fish want a bigger meal for little effort. Pictures on billericay and district Facebook page. Could be going out in the next few days fishing into darkness again.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Hopefully I will spend a few hours on this fine river before the season is out ... Haven't been over there in months

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Hi TD I have been out twice this season as there is always more important family commitments to take my time. When I do get out its special and I try to be positive. When I was walking to my swim on the last trip the ground was frozen and I did doubt my prospects until the first fish was in the net. I know from experience roding perch are hard to come by if the air temperature is less than 8c, so I was happy with the chubb.would love a big roach or big dace. The EA gave us some chub recently that went in near shonks mill. Would like some bream or barbel. The river level is 0.60m and starting to drop so could be good if I can get out in a few days.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Andrew I couldn't agree more . My best two days out 2014/15 were on small rivers .mwhich I fished with a very positive frame of mind and little distraction . One of the two days was on the Roding at Buckhurst Hill back in the late late summer .. Perch and chublets caught in the most pleasant surroundings . Float fishing too . The other day was somewhere else but similar out of london .

I only know the free stretches but would consider one of the roding clubs maybe . I know Bigoll here fishes the Roding too . Any thoughts

You've wetted my appetite I will have to go now before the end of the season

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/11klam8.jpg The clubs are ok however if you live near Rays park , buckhurst hill etc it's much further going to bdac Stanford rivers and ongar stretches eating into fishing time.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

I need to get my brain around posting pictures.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Had a good days fishing today weather awlful fishing good..Had a dace not even a quarter of a ounce on double red maggot size 16. The highlight of the day was at 16:00 when a chub of 5lb 1oz picked up a large lobworm on a eight hook. My clutch was set too light and the chub shot downstream in the flow however 10lb main line 8lb hooklength was the winner however like others this setup has been the loser Twice , dam them leather carp. Dace and chub on billericay and district angling club facebook page.

Return to “River Roding”