Aerial Match 1939

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: Aerial Match 1939

Post by Lea Dweller »

Chris Bettis wrote:Fascinating to see a reel made in the year of mt Birth. It was a very good year for all sorts of things it seems.

Hello Chris, It is nice to have a comment from a member older than myself :Hat:
Keep Well!

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Lea Dweller wrote:
Lea Dweller wrote: One other thing that I discovered upon closer examination was the the number 30 is stamped on both of the drum flanges?

As a matter of interest mine has the number 15 stamped on the drum.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

So far as I am aware these numbers are to ensure that the relevant pieces are from the same batch with the same tolerances? In the same way that some wooden reels either had pencil numbers inside or with reels with an alloy back plate numbers were scratched on. Although I am the ultimate sceptic/cynic, I have handled wooden reels reels that had pencil numbers inside that I believe were put there over 100 years ago!

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Lea Dweller wrote:So far as I am aware these numbers are to ensure that the relevant pieces are from the same batch with the same tolerances? In the same way that some wooden reels either had pencil numbers inside or with reels with an alloy back plate numbers were scratched on. Although I am the ultimate sceptic/cynic, I have handled wooden reels reels that had pencil numbers inside that I believe were put there over 100 years ago!
You could well be correct - I have a couple of C815s and the drums are not inter changeable at all which I discovered by accident when cleaning both pre-season last year.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

If I am not correct in my assumption, I am sure that someone will enlighten me! I have a very small wooden reel with lovely little bone handles, that has pencil numbers inside that I would love to be from the 1890's!

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

A few months ago I received my Aerial-Match reel 2 made by Leszek, another exciting reel from Leszek's engineering skills. I have only used it for one roach fishing session, it’s a dream for we anglers who use the Wallis cast. Thank you Leszek

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”