Alcocks Record Breaker.

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Banksy
Brown Trout

Re: Alcocks Record Breaker.

Post by Banksy »

There is one on Ebay right now, going for about £12, described as Vintage Shakesphere Fishing Reel.
At least I THINK it's a Record Breaker?
Be quick, about 20 minutes left.

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

s-l1600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Yes, they were still being offered when Shakespeare took over. At Romsey Tackle Fair in 2018 there was a boxed mint one, the box being pure Shakespeare and the reel having the little sticker changed to show the new owner's name.

Quite sad really.

Early grice and Young reels has three screw centrebosses, but later ones had just two screws...and appallingly those two screws were self-tappers. Unforgiveable!

I did once hear a rumour that not all Ambidex body shells were cast in house, that would be late Fifties, so maybe Reuben Heaton were still casting then.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Well spotted David, I missed that. obviously harder to find than an Abu Cardinal 44X

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Barbelseeker wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 am Well spotted David, I missed that. obviously harder to find than an Abu Cardinal 44X
I found one of those by accident. It was just marked up as a 44. I had no idea until I opened the package.

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”