Trudex

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Vole
Rainbow Trout

Re: Trudex

Post by Vole »

I think they were used for laying-on/stret-pegging tactics, with a long rod, and the reel spending most of its time flat on the angler's knee...at least, the only one I've seen in use was. As the longest rods of the day were beasts like the Marco "Marauder" - 16.5 feet of beefy hollow glass, about 2" across where in joined the handle - the big Trudex might have been seen as the easiest way to counterbalance all that glass.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Trainset
Gudgeon

Post by Trainset »

I have recently picked up a Trudex centrepin reel based on advice of a well suited pin to go with a Edgar Sealey Octofloat deluxe. I picked up a leeds centrepin as well in the bundle.
Attached are some photos as you can see it been used and needs a few bits. its missing a screw/bolt from the line guard and appears to have a crack on the central face plate. Does anyone have any spares I can buy to replace the lost and damaged bits please?
Also when I picked the reel up I discovered it was the larger version, not really what I was after so maybe up for a swap or sale at some point on this one. its useable and ill give it a clean up to have a go with it and see how I go from there.
Any idea of value for this reel please? as it is would be nice to know if I paid a going rate for something in such condition!
ill post photos of the leeds reel in its relevant section.
I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself.

Trainset
Gudgeon

Post by Trainset »

forgot this one!
The reel is 5.5" * 1.25"

also I cant find a thread on the leeds reel so ill post some pics here.

Trainset
Gudgeon

Post by Trainset »

Would anyone have any spares for the trudex shown above or know where I can get any?

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Contact Gary Mills at Mill Tackle ... he's your man !

https://www.milltackle.com/
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Trainset
Gudgeon

Post by Trainset »

Thank you Ashbycut

Trainset
Gudgeon

Post by Trainset »

Finally got round to ordering the bits I need for my trudex 5.5" from Mill tackle today. Does anyone know if Gary is still supplying stuff during the latest lockdown?
Hope everyone is staying safe and keeping warm!!

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”