Delmatic 2

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Delaminated
Bleak

Re: Delmatic 2

Post by Delaminated »

Hi Marc,
Your advice was spot-on, a couple of lightish taps on to a thin punch as advised and the anti- reverse holds in place.
All my Delmatics have a flat head screw on the handle side and a dome headed screw on the side plate side.
I guess these screws may have been changed and mixed over the last fifty years or so, I think you only really need the dome head on A/Y models that rely on the dome-head screw to hold the handle that has the long chrome spring clip.

All the best, Tom.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Delaminated wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:31 pm A quick peek at the reel foot shows traces of blue paint under the Delmatic grey livery, all pointing to a blue Ambidex mk.6 body that has been refinished. I suppose a non- factory tweaker may be at the bottom of this, but the finish with a little wear at the normal places looks original to me.
I do hope my reel is factory and not fake!
This to all intents and purposes ends in an Ambidex mk. 6 repainted and re-badged.
You can see traces of blue in pic. 1 on the foot if you enlarge.

Regards Tom
Tom

My Youngs Delmatic Mark 2 is the same as your,s. Gears as per Mark 6 and showing signs of blue paint on the handle as well as the foot and body.

Delaminated
Bleak

Post by Delaminated »

“Warming weather should see a trial run at Penshurst or Linton”
The best laid plans of mice and men ect!

Ambidexman
Bleak

Post by Ambidexman »

From memory, I think that all the JW Young badged Delmatics I have seen have the metal flyer and several I have show traces of blue. Almost certainly using up the parts to make a complete reel.

Big question now - has anyone ever seen a Mark One Delmatic?

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”