C815 arbour

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Thommo
Bleak

C815 arbour

Post by Thommo »

Hiya, got a allcocks aerial c815 and was wondering if anyone on here could make an arbour using plastic? Sure i saw someone on here made one using plastic but cant find out whefe , any help, dont want to faff about using cork strips , appreciate any help

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: C815 arbour

Post by Olly »

I use cork in a large roll and cut to size. I use 2 layers on an Aerial 815 and a tape over to stop it sliding "down the edge". Works but not brilliant!

I have the Speedia arbours - narrow & wide - which work very well indeed.

I suspect I and many others would welcome one similar to the above for the 815 Allcocks version.

Mitch300
Roach

Post by Mitch300 »

I posted a design/download link for one for the C340 Match Aerial under `Match Aerial Arbour' on the preceding page of this topic, but this arbour was designed to be as thin as possible, to prevent fine line coming off the reel looking like a threepenny bit. For the C815, you probably want a design like Macman's Speedia arbour, modified to the dimensions of the C815. Your best bet might be to contact Macman through the forum and see if he has a C815, and, if not, see if someone can send him a C815 spool with which to fine-tune a 3D-printer design.

Our good friend Stathamender has, in the past, had Speedia arbors printed and distributed in the UK, and may be willing to do so with a C815 arbour. I would be happy to print and distribute any requested in North America. Does that sound like a plan?

G. B.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Mitch300 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:55 am I posted a design/download link for one for the C340 Match Aerial under `Match Aerial Arbour' on the preceding page of this topic, but this arbour was designed to be as thin as possible, to prevent fine line coming off the reel looking like a threepenny bit. For the C815, you probably want a design like Macman's Speedia arbour, modified to the dimensions of the C815. Your best bet might be to contact Macman through the forum and see if he has a C815, and, if not, see if someone can send him a C815 spool with which to fine-tune a 3D-printer design.

Our good friend Stathamender has, in the past, had Speedia arbors printed and distributed in the UK, and may be willing to do so with a C815 arbour. I would be happy to print and distribute any requested in North America. Does that sound like a plan?

G. B.
I would. Your original post can be found here viewtopic.php?f=279&t=29017. If anyone is thinking about Aerial
arbors I'd appreciate a design for a 7981 Type 2, 4" x 1"
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”