Hello

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Liphook
Barbel

Re: Hello

Post by Liphook »

Welcome aboard :Hat: I have an angling link to the nuclear world as I'm a member of Dounreay AA for access to their boats on two truly epic trout lochs of the far north and more locally Springfield AC which grew out from BNFL Solwick. The irony of the name is totally lost on some of the old hand members :Sun:

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Welcome to the Forum Homer :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Welcome Homer, hope Marge is OK :Chuckle:

Homer Simpson
Grayling

Post by Homer Simpson »

Liphook wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:41 pm Welcome aboard :Hat: I have an angling link to the nuclear world as I'm a member of Dounreay AA for access to their boats on two truly epic trout lochs of the far north and more locally Springfield AC which grew out from BNFL Solwick. The irony of the name is totally lost on some of the old hand members :Sun:
I worked at dounreay for 4 years.
The area is anglers paradise.
In the summer you can see to fish until nearly midnight, so an after work session was a good five hours.
I remember one August bank holiday, I went home early as I was fed up of catching fish!
My wife was a district nurse and looked after a relative of the baliff for the salmon fishing on the river Thurso. I was allowed to trout fish so long as I checked with him the beats were not booked for clients. The proviso was all trout caught had to be removed!

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”