Returning...

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Mick
Chub

Re: Returning...

Post by Mick »

Welcome back Mike!! :Hat:

OldAngler
Perch

Post by OldAngler »

Hell Mike,

You have certainly come back to the right place for all the advice one could wish for on rod renovation.
Happy renovating!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Welcome back :Hat: This forum is home to some superb restorers. I've learned a ton from reading back over the various sectons. It a truly fantastic resource :Sun:

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Post by Barbelbonce »

Thanks, BB.
You may well be right about the New River. Back in the very late '50s/early 60s, I had a pal, Charlie, who's garden in Palmers Green ran right down to the river; indeed his road was New River Crescent. So we may have been poaching as we squeezed through the fence! Bit like Walthamstow Res a few years later! We moved away from Norf Lunnun in '63. I don't think I ever bought a licence or permit.....But Don's of Edmonton was the tackle shop - very near Dad's workplace.
You're right: some great walking in the New River. It has recently been discovered by a niece who has moved into the area and is so excited that she has invited her old uncle up to go for a walk along her new find! Little does she know, yet. Mike

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Good to have you back in the fold.

MR B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”