Hello everyone.

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Crosby
Stickleback

Hello everyone.

Post by Crosby »

Hi all, having just had my membership approved, I would like to thank the administrators for allowing me to join the forum. Now at the age of 60, who has been an avid angler from the age of 5, after being taken to my local brick pond by my older brother, and catching and holding my first ever fish, I caught six perch that day, and can remember it like it was yesterday. I used a two-piece split cane 7ft rod that my grandfather had made for me, and a little 3" diameter single-handled wooden center pin reel, and of course an original old bob float. Little did I know then, but those six perch would take me on a lifelong love of angling. Over the years I have fished the rivers and ponds of North Yorkshire, wonderful Chub & Barbel from the River Swale, beautiful Roach from the Ouse, and warm evenings trotting for Dace on the Wharfe and Derwent. I am a lover of all things natural and have been since a boy, even now at my age I am out every morning walking in the woods and countryside near my home with my two smooth fox terriers Rosie & Bob. I now live in County Durham not far from the northeast heritage coast, mile upon mile of secluded beaches and cliff walks, much to the enjoyment of my two furry companions. I am primarily a river angler but as many others enjoy early mornings Tench fishing on a natural lake or pond, although nowadays it`s becoming harder to leave the comfort of my bed at the unsightly hours I prefer, but I usually make it once or twice through the summer months, I never sleep if i`m fishing the next day, still as excited as a young boy. The Autumn months like most anglers are my favorite time of year for my angling adventures, and back to my home on the rivers. I make my own floats, I do a lot of hand carving, I enjoy making walking sticks, gathering the shafts from the nearby woodlands. For a long time now, I've had thoughts of making my own split cane rod, so hopefully, i`ll be able to pick some tips up from fellow members. I look forward to interacting with everyone on the forum. Stay safe all & tight lines.

Tom
Rudd

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by Tom »

WELCOME!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Welcome aboard Crosby :Hat: County Durham is an area I intend to explore further, once we are allowed.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

A splendid introduction Sir - welcome to the TFF.
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Daltons
Ruffe

Post by Daltons »

Welcome to the forum, Crosby. You'll find an unrivalled depth of knowledge that's generously shared regarding all things Traditional Angling-related on here! :Thumb:
"One thing we truly fish for is the occasion for self-congratulation" John Gierach - (The View From Rat Lake)

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Welcome Sir... :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

A very warm welcome to you Crosby!! :Hat:

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Welcome, I am sure at you will enjoy the forum!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Ambidexman
Bleak

Post by Ambidexman »

Lovely introduction Crosby, we have similar angling interests I see. Welcome to the forum :Hat:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome to the forum :cheers: :welcome:

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”